Fiona Donagh was asleep in her bed in South Wales, Australia, when she felt something crawling up her body. She shook her leg, which turned out to be a big mistake. A frightened Australian funnel web spider plunged its fangs into her body, injecting her with toxic venom. Fiona developed a bright red rash and soon felt very ill. Would she get help in time? Learn all about venomous spiders in this engrossing narrative nonfiction book for young readers. It's packed with exciting wildlife encounters, cutting-edge science, and loads of info about venom and its deadly effects.